First Time Home Buyer Program - Allegheny County
The Allegheny County's first time home buyer program is available
to all qualified residents of Allegheny County with the exception of the
residents of the City of Pittsburgh (see
Pittsburgh Homeownership Program).
The homebuyer program provides up to $5,000 in closing cost and down
payment assistance to eligible borrowers.
Down Payment and Closing Cost and Assistance Program.
- Loan Term - 30 years
- Minimum down payment - 3.5% (FHA)
- Eligible areas - All areas of Allegheny County except the City of
- Income Limits - Household income must be at or below 80% of the
median family income for Allegheny County
Mortgage loan limit - $248,900
Sales Price Limit - $294,750 for existing
homes and new construction
- Monthly mortgage payment, including taxes, principal interest, and
insurance, cannot exceed 29% of borrower's monthly gross income
- Applicants seeking assistance must attend a HUD-approved Home Buyer
Education Course and receive a certification of participation
- Applicants must be first time home buyers. If the residence is situated
in a targeted area of Allegheny County, the first time ownership is
waived. Allegheny County defines a first time home buyer as one who
has not owned a home during the within the three previous years.
- The applicant's income tax returns for the past three years
must be provided to the mortgage lender.
- The home must be occupied by the borrower as the principal residence.
- Monthly obligations, including mortgage payment, credit cards, student
loans, etc., may exceed 41% of borrower's monthly gross income (FHA
Closing Cost and Down Payment Assistance
The Allegheny County First Time Home Buyer
Program provides down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified home
buyers up to a maximum of $5,000. Borrowers must satisfy all program guidelines
. . . and household income should be at or under 100% of the area median
income. The household income limits are:
||Gross (Pre-tax) Income
Targeted Area Home Buyer Program:
All of the First
Time Home Buyer Requirements apply EXCEPT:
- There is no First Time Home Buyer Requirement
- The borrower’s Household income must meet Household Income Limits.
- Sales Price Limit $360,250
- The house must be located within one of the following census tracts:
W. Homestead: 4824
McKees Rocks: 4644
McKeesport: 5509, 5519, 5521
Allegheny County Home Buyer and Credit