City of Williamsport First Time Home Buyer Program
City offers homebuyer assistance to help income eligible households
become homeowners in the City of Williamsport.
Eligible home buyers can receive a maximum of 20% of the
purchase price at 0% interest, deferred repayment loan. The
following guidelines must be met.
The home must be located in the City of Williamsport.
- Credit status and household income are verified and
are important considerations.
- All applicants must meet HUD income requirements.
- The property must become the primary residence of the
buyer and remain the buyers primary residence for the loan
- Standard banking and credit inquiries are done as part
of the City application process.
- The applicant must contribute at least 4% of the purchase
price in to the project. City funding may not exceed 20%
of the purchase price.
- Prospective home buyers must seek primary financing
from a bank or other type of lending institution.
- The home must pass a city occupancy inspection.
- The home must be a single family unit.